It has been an exceedingly long time since I wrote, so much that one may have assumed things were going down-hill badly. It is not really that way. We have had many tender mercy blessings from the Lord in these months-- seems he is alway willing to reach out and lift us up and support us, even tonight he has helped me calm dark fears.
One of the largest positive things in my life happened during a treatment now 4 weeks ago when I met Marilyn Sledge and lovely Christian lady with GBM for the last 3 years who recommended an author who has written several books which has really given me strength, named Lynn Eib. She wrote "When God and Cancer meet" telling of her own experiences with cancer and a follow on book "Living in the Shadow of Cancer". she speaks of feelings very common, I believe, to anyone blessed with this clarifier from God. I can see in His perspective, that this is a great blessing to be placed into the situation to daily think about Him and how I can serve him and help my fellow being around me. To literally spend most of day every day in silent prayer with Him and being so overwhelmingly grateful for His Son and how he lifts me and my load every single day. I truly love him with every part of my heart and soul.
We are moving ahead with life, very scary concept given uncertainties. We are in the process of closing on a house, officially not until January 2015, but moving ahead with all the paperwork and the whole process of inspections, etc. It is a lovely home, older, so price is lower that will allow us to hopefully be comfortable on my retirement and VA disability salary. Seems like it should. My lovely wife, is also going to work on L&D a little, which is very close to home to offset some of the decreased after I am officially not active duty any longer. It is a home with a history of LDS occupants, so I expect has and will continue to have a spirit of peace and love within its walls, certainly not it selling point, but wonderful nonetheless. It is close to church, temple and HEB, so I could/ should be able to drive to any of those three things to allow some modicum of independence, however small.
Another new activity in our lives in working in the temple. Since arriving we have done several hundred ordinances for departed relatives, and now since three weeks have been called to work in the temple on a weekly shift, Saturday afternoon, so that is wonderful,rewarding, and up lifting. It is exactly what I have prayed for to God that I can be useful to Him in the Kingdom. My vision is to get in this home and spend long years doing temple work and whatever other service that my health will allow and the Lord would like me to do for him.
Our children and grandchildren are growing and giving us joy. What more beautiful joy that knowing and watching babies grow. Our children our so special and doing such a wonderful job with their children. What a blessing!!
Health-wise, I a currently in a Study at the Cancer Research and Treatment Center of San Antonio under the care of Dr Brenner and in a study called MEDI 4736, phase I for GBM, but Phase III for melanoma and lunch CA. We are hopeful that it will be as promising for GBM as the other forms of cancer,
I had a landmarking MRI yesterday, along with a root canal to follow, so it was a very hard day. Tonight, I have had dark thought invading that I am praying away. We will not know results until next Wednesday which is the day of next treatment. That is very hard to wait and keep positive. It is all in God's hands is where I am at and the only place I can be!
Love you all, I will try and be more communicative in my writing and thoughts. Love to all, Rich
One of the largest positive things in my life happened during a treatment now 4 weeks ago when I met Marilyn Sledge and lovely Christian lady with GBM for the last 3 years who recommended an author who has written several books which has really given me strength, named Lynn Eib. She wrote "When God and Cancer meet" telling of her own experiences with cancer and a follow on book "Living in the Shadow of Cancer". she speaks of feelings very common, I believe, to anyone blessed with this clarifier from God. I can see in His perspective, that this is a great blessing to be placed into the situation to daily think about Him and how I can serve him and help my fellow being around me. To literally spend most of day every day in silent prayer with Him and being so overwhelmingly grateful for His Son and how he lifts me and my load every single day. I truly love him with every part of my heart and soul.
We are moving ahead with life, very scary concept given uncertainties. We are in the process of closing on a house, officially not until January 2015, but moving ahead with all the paperwork and the whole process of inspections, etc. It is a lovely home, older, so price is lower that will allow us to hopefully be comfortable on my retirement and VA disability salary. Seems like it should. My lovely wife, is also going to work on L&D a little, which is very close to home to offset some of the decreased after I am officially not active duty any longer. It is a home with a history of LDS occupants, so I expect has and will continue to have a spirit of peace and love within its walls, certainly not it selling point, but wonderful nonetheless. It is close to church, temple and HEB, so I could/ should be able to drive to any of those three things to allow some modicum of independence, however small.
Another new activity in our lives in working in the temple. Since arriving we have done several hundred ordinances for departed relatives, and now since three weeks have been called to work in the temple on a weekly shift, Saturday afternoon, so that is wonderful,rewarding, and up lifting. It is exactly what I have prayed for to God that I can be useful to Him in the Kingdom. My vision is to get in this home and spend long years doing temple work and whatever other service that my health will allow and the Lord would like me to do for him.
Our children and grandchildren are growing and giving us joy. What more beautiful joy that knowing and watching babies grow. Our children our so special and doing such a wonderful job with their children. What a blessing!!
Health-wise, I a currently in a Study at the Cancer Research and Treatment Center of San Antonio under the care of Dr Brenner and in a study called MEDI 4736, phase I for GBM, but Phase III for melanoma and lunch CA. We are hopeful that it will be as promising for GBM as the other forms of cancer,
I had a landmarking MRI yesterday, along with a root canal to follow, so it was a very hard day. Tonight, I have had dark thought invading that I am praying away. We will not know results until next Wednesday which is the day of next treatment. That is very hard to wait and keep positive. It is all in God's hands is where I am at and the only place I can be!
Love you all, I will try and be more communicative in my writing and thoughts. Love to all, Rich
1 comment:
I;m so happy to see you take up your writing again. I love to read them. Thanks for your insights. It was great to see you for a bit while you were here. Keep up the positive thoughts.
Post a Comment