THIRTY TWO years ago in the Jordan River Temple I began the single most important thing in my life to that time and since, kneeling across the alter surrounded by family being sealed by the Priesthood of God with my honey, my sweet heart and eternal best friend. I remember smiling constantly throughout the ceremony and being so happy that I could not help but smile. Looking back at that day on 24 April 1982 and looking today at my eternal love, the feelings of my heart then were like Kindergarten vs graduating with some advance degree from the most prestigious university. The love that I feel for her has deepened and become all encompassing and overwhelming, especially since last August. There is literally nothing else in life which matters to me more than this person, who when she is not with me I am not complete, not my self. I need her with me always and am so grateful for the concept and truth of eternal marriage and eternal families.
We have been so blessed with 5 wonderful children and now 10 grandchildren and have so much to look forward to as we watch them grow and find their own spouses and start on there own journey through life. How kind and loving is our Heavenly Father that he allowed us to be partners with him in caring for his children. For these things, I am forever grateful and hope for a considerable amount of time on Earth to watch these journeys of love and watch the grandchildren grow and hopefully be positive examples and witness to them about our Heavenly Father and Jesus and his great sacrifice and atonement and his Resurrection.
But if I am called home early, I know that these wonderful children and families will continue to support and need my dearest friend and partner until we can again be together as a couple together as we started 32 years ago for always. It is all in his hands and under his direction--of that I am certain.
For now each day will be appreciated and I will be grateful for the sweet association with my family and be totally there for whatever I am asked by Heavenly Father to do for him to assist and to help others in any way that I can.
We have been so blessed with 5 wonderful children and now 10 grandchildren and have so much to look forward to as we watch them grow and find their own spouses and start on there own journey through life. How kind and loving is our Heavenly Father that he allowed us to be partners with him in caring for his children. For these things, I am forever grateful and hope for a considerable amount of time on Earth to watch these journeys of love and watch the grandchildren grow and hopefully be positive examples and witness to them about our Heavenly Father and Jesus and his great sacrifice and atonement and his Resurrection.
But if I am called home early, I know that these wonderful children and families will continue to support and need my dearest friend and partner until we can again be together as a couple together as we started 32 years ago for always. It is all in his hands and under his direction--of that I am certain.
For now each day will be appreciated and I will be grateful for the sweet association with my family and be totally there for whatever I am asked by Heavenly Father to do for him to assist and to help others in any way that I can.
2 comments:
You are awesome. What more can I say. You guys have such a sweet love story. I still remember you from way back in kindergarten when you and Becky met. It seems we have always known you and it is wonderful. Thanks for your sweet testimony and for the good talks we had while I was there. You and Becky are in my prayers constantly and I know the Lord is watching over you.
I love you so much dad. Thank you for teaching me about how wonderful marriage can be. I think I am so happy in my married life because of the things you taught me early on about how to build that very important eternal relationship. I pray you will be here with us for much much longer so that we can learn lots more from you. Thank you for keeping the blog and sharing your thoughts and testimony. Always sending prayers and love your way. Give mom a huge hug for me. And a kiss.
Post a Comment