Monday, August 19, 2013

New Challenges for the Jackson Family

Recently, OK for 6 months and I am not that smart, I have had some difficulties--initially with typing, then piano/ organ and finally in the OR for some reason closing the fascia or the uterus--of course now this all makes sense! Over the last weekend 8-12 August, we went to Barcelona--I knew something was wrong, but felt we needed to go anyway. There, I became very confused and foggy. The trip home on the plan was an excise in never stopping praying--let us get there fast, please help my head stop hurting. We went straight to the Emergency Department where a CT was done leading to my admission and MRI/ MRA the next day with diagnosis of a brain tumor that night. We went to the OR on Thursday, 15 August. During that and since I have had my whole life change and whole focus on everything change. The Operative Team was Dr Kendall Lee and Dr Reidel. Things went very well for the surgery and recovery to date. We are off to San Antonio for Chemotherapy and Radiation in about 10 days--so our Germany isolationism is coming to a close! I think that it needed to be rather unsubtle for me to leave here--I have spent 22 years of my life in Germany, so it is very comfortable--time to start another period as directed by the Grand Director above. From this point 4 days post-op, I am absolutely overwhelmed with the lifting and the caring of 100s of people in our lives. Tender Mercy and tender mercy have been extended to us throughout this whole process starting from getting through the air plane trip back from Barcelona to the assembling of the operative team, and on and on. There are still big questions on what to do with our Germany home, but not where to go and what is important. Dr Lee and my wife have had so many talks about life, reasons, balance, God and. I have felt at peace in the beginning of this process and hopeful for future contribution and potential for being part of my families lives and spreading positivity and hope from the sweet gospel plan. All I can think again and again is how this would be without the arms of our Dear Lord surrounding and bearing us up. So, I want and need to go through these thoughts and changes in our lives...need to decide if that should be here on  my 50 by 50 bog, or elsewhere--my current marathon goal is 100 by 60 and I am at 65. Happy to say my typing is largely the same as before my noted issues with typing and my deficits are gone--blessing after blessing and skilled surgical team!

No comments: