Today, we had a lovely run--3.3 miles with Elizabeth and Stella--Erik and Anne stayed in bed and Katie was gestating. We just did the small loop, and very slowly, but it felt wonderful. Then we had a sit in the sun for awhile and thought about all the myriad of things to do and think about. Today is beautiful, sunny day to be alive! We are thinking of a bucket list for this coming week--Capri, Dellfeld, das Wasserwerk--all restaurants. Also plan on going up to the temple in Frankfurt, so that is all super wonderful! Current plans are to leave in about 10 days. We have appointments set up for BAMC for the Monday after Labor Day. Sister Steel worked there and has got us with her favorarite oncologist. She is also getting an appointment set with Radiation there. So, all coming together. Meanwhile, we are assembling things to mail to our new neighbour’s--old friends house so that we will have some things to set up house when we get there. So, all is coming together.
At this point with this diagnosis, one of the options is to do nothing but recover, which I do not see at all as an option--one with all of the numbers of literal miracles which came together to get us to this point. I am totally certain the Lord has a need for me in some fashion still in the future for the short or long term--of course I have still visions of being old together and hopes, but we can have wonderful times in whatever times we have! Just to list some, so I can flesh them out later and not forget any:
1. Making it home from Barcelona without compensating in Spain, but don't think having this all happen in Spain would have resulted in a 12 hr ICU stay, or running 3.3 miles today. The whole trip home, I never stopped fanning myself with my head leaning on the window praying for a typical Ryanair "early" arrival and quick return to Hahn. So easily things could have gone worse leading to me loosing consciousness of having to go into the hospital there.
2. Dr Kendall Lee being at LRMC on his reserve time.
3. My deployment to Iraq 2 years ago reading a free Kindle book, Gray Matter where a neurosurgeon started praying with his patients.
4. My asking Dr Lee if we could do that, which he was very receptive of and he offered a prayer during the very first sit down session with him. It immediately told my heart and mind that God is in charge.
5. My being able to offer a prayer in the OR the morning of surgery--again immense peace and calmness and really no worry as I had no doubt that the surgery would go well.
6. Erik giving me a priesthood blessing the night of the initial diagnosis--how proud of him. I know of no one more worthy or of anyone that I could ever be more proud of.
7. President Adams, Kyle, Shawn and Erik gave me another blessing prior as we had no oil the first time. Again, great peace and a sense of future and being needed in the Kingdom and being able to contribute.
OR Team perfect combination of Dr Lee, Dr Reidel, Dr Jensen and Shawn Burke--total peace.8. HUGE outpouring of support and love at work, visiting, Facebook, Tawny Campbell, patients. So many other wonderful physicians and friends--Penny Harrison- who I love having watched over her twice in pregnancy, Dr Talcott who I likewise so admire and trust. Not enough words to say how grateful and thankful I am for them all and especially, my vision that I keep having of the sand on the beach with the footsteps--initially with two rows of feet then of one because I felt carried by my Brother Jesus--that kept and keeps coming to my mind.
8. Looking further back, maybe several months to a High Priest lesson taught by John Scheid about who is really in charge in our lives and it is NOT us. I knew something was wrong then--not what or what was coming, but absolutely knew it and received in inner confirmation at that time to put it in the Lord's hands just the like Johnny Cash song that I love to listen to when I run. I can say, I have never, never had a Priesthood lesson move me to that degree as I am sure it was all for me.
At this point with this diagnosis, one of the options is to do nothing but recover, which I do not see at all as an option--one with all of the numbers of literal miracles which came together to get us to this point. I am totally certain the Lord has a need for me in some fashion still in the future for the short or long term--of course I have still visions of being old together and hopes, but we can have wonderful times in whatever times we have! Just to list some, so I can flesh them out later and not forget any:
1. Making it home from Barcelona without compensating in Spain, but don't think having this all happen in Spain would have resulted in a 12 hr ICU stay, or running 3.3 miles today. The whole trip home, I never stopped fanning myself with my head leaning on the window praying for a typical Ryanair "early" arrival and quick return to Hahn. So easily things could have gone worse leading to me loosing consciousness of having to go into the hospital there.
2. Dr Kendall Lee being at LRMC on his reserve time.
3. My deployment to Iraq 2 years ago reading a free Kindle book, Gray Matter where a neurosurgeon started praying with his patients.
4. My asking Dr Lee if we could do that, which he was very receptive of and he offered a prayer during the very first sit down session with him. It immediately told my heart and mind that God is in charge.
5. My being able to offer a prayer in the OR the morning of surgery--again immense peace and calmness and really no worry as I had no doubt that the surgery would go well.
6. Erik giving me a priesthood blessing the night of the initial diagnosis--how proud of him. I know of no one more worthy or of anyone that I could ever be more proud of.
7. President Adams, Kyle, Shawn and Erik gave me another blessing prior as we had no oil the first time. Again, great peace and a sense of future and being needed in the Kingdom and being able to contribute.
OR Team perfect combination of Dr Lee, Dr Reidel, Dr Jensen and Shawn Burke--total peace.8. HUGE outpouring of support and love at work, visiting, Facebook, Tawny Campbell, patients. So many other wonderful physicians and friends--Penny Harrison- who I love having watched over her twice in pregnancy, Dr Talcott who I likewise so admire and trust. Not enough words to say how grateful and thankful I am for them all and especially, my vision that I keep having of the sand on the beach with the footsteps--initially with two rows of feet then of one because I felt carried by my Brother Jesus--that kept and keeps coming to my mind.
8. Looking further back, maybe several months to a High Priest lesson taught by John Scheid about who is really in charge in our lives and it is NOT us. I knew something was wrong then--not what or what was coming, but absolutely knew it and received in inner confirmation at that time to put it in the Lord's hands just the like Johnny Cash song that I love to listen to when I run. I can say, I have never, never had a Priesthood lesson move me to that degree as I am sure it was all for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment