Yesterday, we had a day of indescribable joy in that we took all 5 children to the Frankfurt session--only down was that we forgot the family names, but Erik and I had some nice German brethren to do, so that was good. Er went in our Odyssey van with "Kontiki" stickers still on the windshield. Elizabeth drove to prevent her from getting car sick...sadly the a/c seems to be gone, so it was warmish-I had a fan. We made it to the temple without issues, got our rental clothes for those without and went into the peace of the temple. I have never, ever had such a moving session. Literally, felt the peace of the Lord speaking to my heart the whole time--never felt so absolutely certain in my promises and obligations of sacrifice, consecration, etc and really putting everything the Lord's hands. Of course, that is the case for everyone of us in this life, just now it is so real and absolute and amazing. I did have a bit of a wrestle with the Lord just trying to get a timing sense of my mortality, but once I gave that up, it was sweet and glorious. I, of course, hope for time here to be with the family and watch them grow and to, hopefully, influence them and help them on the pathway of happiness and spread the good word of God via example and kindness to those we come in contact with in the future. The session was in German, happily for me as that is exactly what I wanted. I can say I make no inner distinction which language it is in--German is totally like English in my head, so that was wonderful too. I did feel badly for the workers given my tears continually, but they were kind and gracious. The Celestial Room was, of course, the total key-stone of the experience to be in a large hug there together. Sadly, Anne was only in my thoughts in the hug there, but she was outside waiting for us for pictures and a wonderful lunch in the shade.
I had no regrets, no worries about not ever going back to that temple, or the drive home from Frankfurt--I see future trips after retirement and treatments to Germany! My vision is a Fall Marathon extended trip staying in Oberammergau as base with our wonderful friends, Manfred and Margareta.
Sleep is rough, although I did sleep 6 hours, but I have now been up for hours making spread sheets and lists! Items continue to come together for us and my lists are seeming sound on how to manage and adjust finances for our different banks given the German house--which likely will be rented as best option until the renegotiation time in 2015--unless there is a better plan by our Heavenly Director.
I had no regrets, no worries about not ever going back to that temple, or the drive home from Frankfurt--I see future trips after retirement and treatments to Germany! My vision is a Fall Marathon extended trip staying in Oberammergau as base with our wonderful friends, Manfred and Margareta.
Sleep is rough, although I did sleep 6 hours, but I have now been up for hours making spread sheets and lists! Items continue to come together for us and my lists are seeming sound on how to manage and adjust finances for our different banks given the German house--which likely will be rented as best option until the renegotiation time in 2015--unless there is a better plan by our Heavenly Director.
No comments:
Post a Comment