Saturday, August 31, 2013

31 August

We have landed in Texas--first impression as we got to the hospital last night was HOT.....Our trip had a slow start at Ramstein as there was an issue of someone forgetting to order fuel for the plane, so we sat there at the tarmac for ca 1.5 hrs. By the time we got on the plane, I was pretty finished and they put me right in a "get down" bed, where I slept for the 10 hour flight to Andrews, AFB. Flight crew was really good, respectful and helpful. Bec and Anne did not have such a good flight sitting in the jump seats on the sides. We stayed on the plane at Andrews and flew straight to Kelly Field in Texas, were taken to the hospital for clearance, which was immediate, collected our luggage and were brought to the house by Greg and Beate Hall. The house had been outfighted from French table cloth on the table to wonderful furniture, new beds, heart attack in Anne's room--truly wonderful. We also have internet reachable from across the street at the Halls. Everything and everybody are so wonderful and touching.
The last few days in Germany, time after time--literally 10-15 times we happened to come across people whom we would really want to tell good-bye, but would not have anyway to do so. For example, we went to the Notar in Kusel on the 29th. As we come out the door is our good friend, Frank, owner of Das Wasserwerk restaurant in Godelbach walking down the sidewalk! Concidence, not any chance in the world. People in the hospital similar--Valentina, Russian housekeeper we have known for years walking in as we are walking out. We had a sweet L&D quick visit to interegate Katie's baby gender--not my beans to spill...
So, our dear Heaven Father continues to bless us and watch over us as we get set up here--for example temple is on the way to our house from the hospital!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What wonderful blessings. I'm so glad everything is all ready for you. I cant wait to come and see you and the area etc. I know you may not what to hear this but I am so happy to have you closer and the fact I can text. I love it.