I have now endured just over 4 weeks not running and have not benefited at all by going through it. The only good thing is that I did not gain weight, as I supposed that I would, but instead lost it. Likely, this represents muscle. I would like to think it was adipose from having no appetite.
I am starting back to work this week, which will be bad and good. I will have accumulated 4 weeks of things to wade through and digest and sort out. Additionally, I still have a couple of weeks to go until I cover Labor and Delivery or go to the OR, so I only get to do clinic, which is definitely not where the fun is to be had.
I plan on trying to run in the next couple of weeks. I am sure it will be as if I had never ran before, so that is also depressing. Good thing is that I should be able to get things back together by the Fall to start to add some marathons to the list. I have registered for Berlin, so hope to be there by then. Hopefully, I can do a couple of other Fall marathons. I am now at 40 total, so need to log a few this year to make it by 50 in 2011.
I am happy with family and proud of family members that are able and have been running lately. Casey just did a great effort in the Provo Half and has the SLC Full Marathon later this month. So, I can live vicariously for now. Stella's commitment to run a marathon before she gets married is planned to be in stages, ie short runs for the month she is here to add up to 42 km. Pretty weak, but better than nothing and certainly about all that I will initially be able to do!!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rich,
Sorry to hear about the dry spell. Similarly, last summer I wasn't able to race or even ride my bike due to the collar bone surgery. I was surprised that I was getting depressed. I hope you'll be back out soon.
Hang in there Gimsbacher Runner! It will return. You've convinced me to do a second marathon sometime in the fall, so we'll see how that goes.
Post a Comment