

SO, I was indulged in running another Marathon. Mom let me do that instead of raking the leaves. I have done this one now 3 times. It is a real home grown marathon. It has been done 27 times by one runner and his wife. He gave a big speech while waiting for the start time in the hall where 600 runners were putting their grease on rubbing parts of their bodies. He said, "We are not like Berlin, we are not a half or a relay. We do not have doctors or people to pick you up out of the gutter. SO, if you are going to die or drop out, do it only at the 6 water stops. Otherwise, no one will see you!" It started on a lake and went uphill from there for 5 km. Then, it was through wonderful woods, scenery, farm lands. It is really a gorgeous run--at least half it in mud up to the top of my shoes. It is kind of hard to run when your feet are sticking to the ground! ANYWAY, it was #40, so that is cool and I am "ganz happy".
2 comments:
I am jealous! I'll never catch up to the legendary Gimsbacher Runner!
you're a maniac
Post a Comment