This has been a good running year, 2011. Returning from Iraq, I had a good running base and about 15 less pounds on my middle to lug around. This led me to some PR, actually to a point I though I would never go: 4:09, which is close to the breaking 4 hrs that I never really dared even think I could do. Frankfurt was 4:09, which seems to be the place of all my PRs. My previous one about 10 years ago there was 4:20, which I though being > 50 would never even been conceivable.
Also, my 50 by 50 was reached prior to my deployment in 2011, so that was good. Now, my thought is 100 by 60 years old--never really want to stop running....
This year, I ran Disney in Baghdad, Mannheim, Bad Arolsen, Fuessen, Berlin, Frankfurt and Lipperland up by Katie and Casey's new abode in Herford close to Bielefeld.
Future seems good....I am registered for Rome, Weinstrasse, Mannheim, Fuessen, Berlin and Frankfurt. Fuessen will be with Erik, so that should be fun!!
I will do better with pictures!!
So, look to October for < 4 hrs....we will see, 3:59? Seems doable right today just coming back from a fabulous run!!
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great marathon year up ahead- thanks for your example Dad! I love you!
Post a Comment