My Future
Yesterday was a day which verifies that my future is now very different. I already knew that life had taken a 180 degree turn on the 13th of August 2013 when I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had surgery shortly afterward and started thinking about leaving our beloved Gimsbach with it's 1776 farmhouse. We have now been gone from our home for about 6 months. This week our furniture will be delivered and we will attempt at that point to "be home"where we are because not being home does not ground you. If our residence changes again, we will be able to assemble our memories more quickly than we have done this time.
We have had many visitors this month: my parents came and visited about 5 days with my sister, Joyce. We had a wonderful time, did the obligatory Alamo visit--shows that being my first visit there, I am not much for and obligatory visit doer. We also went to Boerne to the oldest dance hall in America and ate at the gristmill. Other than being cold, it was very enjoyable at the dance hall and the restaurant. Then, during, a 2 day pause, we moved 3.3 miles down the road to a bigger house which will hopefully accommodate our lives for some time, hopefully until we know where the next stage will take us. Next Liza, Scott, Nathan, Daniel, Andrew and Luke visited for just over a week. What a sweet, lively time. The house was virtually empty, so it was a good time for them to visit! We had 2 blow up mattresses. Stella is still sleeping on one. She is such a sport! We will shortly have an influx of beds when our house is delivered--more than we know what to do with. Additionally, we bought another queen bed for Anne to sleep on, which will give us a vacant queen bed for company. Grandpa and Grandma Jeffery are next, by chance arriving at the end of the first day of unloading our furniture. So, that will be an extra couple of hands at arranging and massaging the house to mold it into home. That should be lovely to have them here.
Stella is doing very well. She is at 32+ weeks. She is giving these babies, Claire and Ester a good start at mortality by working and doing everything she can to give them the biggest bodies possible for their Earth journey.
Erik has moved to Provo to BYU there and to be co-located with Amanda Cherrington. They are set to marry on 27 June in Manti temple. We could not be happier. We already love and know her and her family from Germany days. They are still there!
Katie had her boy, Isaac the beginning of the month, 7 Feb from memory--my love's memory, so that is a pretty good and accurate date! All went well and the girls are loving him, not to death, but soundly.
Anne is doing well, seemingly happier all the time, which thrills me. She is doing on-line high school this year, but probably will enter her Senior year at a traditional high school at our new home. She is such a help for Mom and I, who are very focused at cancer treatment and victory.
My love is my rock. Without her, I would hard pressed to be here and to carry on. This year is 32 years married and many more years together as we started our romance in Kindergarten. We hope to have many more years together. We know we have eternity together, but I do not want to start without her in the hereafter in the search for the perfect old house in which to spend eternity!
I am carrying on in the treatment of my brain tumor, in the midst of a year treatment with chemotherapy and intermittent check-up MRIs, next scheduled in 6 days, which is a dreadful and terrifying event. This is not from the process of doing one, but the results!
Yesterday, we had the feed-back session from my 3 day-long evaluation called neuropsych testing. The results were, as expected, and confirmatory that my days of doing deliveries are past. It was a wonderful occupation and I could myself absolutely blessed to have attended the more than 4000 deliveries and to care for the mothers during this holy and sacred time of birth.
The deficits are in the visual association area, which is important in surgery. Also with memory, short term. The exact name is mild neurocognitive disorder, which would make it very difficult to obtain credentials to practice any where. Innerly, I totally knew this was coming and would be the case, but to have the diagnosis applied officially, is very difficult to hear. I was, however, at peace with it. I certainly do not want to fight a constant battle to prove to the military or later medical practices and hospitals that I could function. Bottom line if every a baby or mother were injured because of my condition, it would never be something to be able to live with. So, new chapter of life begins today. I need to explore and delve into what to occupy my life with--other than family, which is the first priority.
Last evening, we went to a new movie, The Son of God. I totally loved the movie, cried much of the way through it. It was so much a testimony to me of exactly what Jesus means to me. Absolutely miraculous what he did for me and for us all.
My running has slipped some the last while. I am needing to re-comit to continuing. I will be of much more use to God, my family and friends if I can be in the best possible condition physically. My wife and I even started doing a beginner's yoga U-Tube session. For someone to watch, would be totally hilarious. Happily, no one is around with a way to record it!
Yesterday was a day which verifies that my future is now very different. I already knew that life had taken a 180 degree turn on the 13th of August 2013 when I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had surgery shortly afterward and started thinking about leaving our beloved Gimsbach with it's 1776 farmhouse. We have now been gone from our home for about 6 months. This week our furniture will be delivered and we will attempt at that point to "be home"where we are because not being home does not ground you. If our residence changes again, we will be able to assemble our memories more quickly than we have done this time.
We have had many visitors this month: my parents came and visited about 5 days with my sister, Joyce. We had a wonderful time, did the obligatory Alamo visit--shows that being my first visit there, I am not much for and obligatory visit doer. We also went to Boerne to the oldest dance hall in America and ate at the gristmill. Other than being cold, it was very enjoyable at the dance hall and the restaurant. Then, during, a 2 day pause, we moved 3.3 miles down the road to a bigger house which will hopefully accommodate our lives for some time, hopefully until we know where the next stage will take us. Next Liza, Scott, Nathan, Daniel, Andrew and Luke visited for just over a week. What a sweet, lively time. The house was virtually empty, so it was a good time for them to visit! We had 2 blow up mattresses. Stella is still sleeping on one. She is such a sport! We will shortly have an influx of beds when our house is delivered--more than we know what to do with. Additionally, we bought another queen bed for Anne to sleep on, which will give us a vacant queen bed for company. Grandpa and Grandma Jeffery are next, by chance arriving at the end of the first day of unloading our furniture. So, that will be an extra couple of hands at arranging and massaging the house to mold it into home. That should be lovely to have them here.
Stella is doing very well. She is at 32+ weeks. She is giving these babies, Claire and Ester a good start at mortality by working and doing everything she can to give them the biggest bodies possible for their Earth journey.
Erik has moved to Provo to BYU there and to be co-located with Amanda Cherrington. They are set to marry on 27 June in Manti temple. We could not be happier. We already love and know her and her family from Germany days. They are still there!
Katie had her boy, Isaac the beginning of the month, 7 Feb from memory--my love's memory, so that is a pretty good and accurate date! All went well and the girls are loving him, not to death, but soundly.
Anne is doing well, seemingly happier all the time, which thrills me. She is doing on-line high school this year, but probably will enter her Senior year at a traditional high school at our new home. She is such a help for Mom and I, who are very focused at cancer treatment and victory.
My love is my rock. Without her, I would hard pressed to be here and to carry on. This year is 32 years married and many more years together as we started our romance in Kindergarten. We hope to have many more years together. We know we have eternity together, but I do not want to start without her in the hereafter in the search for the perfect old house in which to spend eternity!
I am carrying on in the treatment of my brain tumor, in the midst of a year treatment with chemotherapy and intermittent check-up MRIs, next scheduled in 6 days, which is a dreadful and terrifying event. This is not from the process of doing one, but the results!
Yesterday, we had the feed-back session from my 3 day-long evaluation called neuropsych testing. The results were, as expected, and confirmatory that my days of doing deliveries are past. It was a wonderful occupation and I could myself absolutely blessed to have attended the more than 4000 deliveries and to care for the mothers during this holy and sacred time of birth.
The deficits are in the visual association area, which is important in surgery. Also with memory, short term. The exact name is mild neurocognitive disorder, which would make it very difficult to obtain credentials to practice any where. Innerly, I totally knew this was coming and would be the case, but to have the diagnosis applied officially, is very difficult to hear. I was, however, at peace with it. I certainly do not want to fight a constant battle to prove to the military or later medical practices and hospitals that I could function. Bottom line if every a baby or mother were injured because of my condition, it would never be something to be able to live with. So, new chapter of life begins today. I need to explore and delve into what to occupy my life with--other than family, which is the first priority.
Last evening, we went to a new movie, The Son of God. I totally loved the movie, cried much of the way through it. It was so much a testimony to me of exactly what Jesus means to me. Absolutely miraculous what he did for me and for us all.
My running has slipped some the last while. I am needing to re-comit to continuing. I will be of much more use to God, my family and friends if I can be in the best possible condition physically. My wife and I even started doing a beginner's yoga U-Tube session. For someone to watch, would be totally hilarious. Happily, no one is around with a way to record it!
1 comment:
Dad, I love you. No matter what you do, you will always be very important and needed. You have always been and will always be an incredible example in my life. I love you forever.
Post a Comment