It has been a considerable amount of time since I wrote last. This is definitely not because I have been too busy! Currently, my days are occupied with spending time with my lovely wife and Anne, running in the AMs, planning on how to eat to not get sick around the chemo meds, driving to San Antonio Military Medical Center ( SAMMC) and getting my radiation and driving home again--actually by that I mean being driven. I have become the Mr Daisy in "Driving Miss Daisy" and my lovely driver is the love of my life. So far, I am on day number 18/ 42 Temodar (Temazolamide) and day 13/ 30 of radiation. A big deal this week was when my hair began to fall out. Since then, I have cut it shorter and shorter--twice. I have a big misplaced bald spot, with the rest seemingly wanting to follow suit, which really is not a big deal, but was when it happened. Sort of meant that this is really happening and happening to me and not that if I can still run, it must not really be happening to me! Weird kind of psycho way was very true. So, now, I have a nice "sunburn" from the radiation. I wonder if I will get a sun tan eventually? Otherwise, things go well. My labs are good enough to have permission to skip this coming week's labs. WBC and PLTs both normal as are liver functions. So that is wonderful.
We continue to settle into our new lives on Tornillo Drive. We have a new couch and love seat and accenting chair with ottoman. We have ventured into the DVR world, but not far as we needed a new remote, which we got today. We are still looking for an ancient car for Anne to drive. Too bad we do not have a Erik aged car with heavy metal plates around to keep her safe in her fledgling driving days. That is what I am looking for, really for a good price.
We went to the temple today to do sealings. It was a wonderful experience, but one over which we did considerable crying. I did pre-crying while running this morning thinking about it--just so grateful for eternal marriage, when this life is so uncertain for me and my love, the eternal part is certain. That is a huge blessing. Of course, I am still on the track of thinking and planning on doing well to be around for a good amount of time still to be part of the family. Of course, I know I am not in charge, and I have been doing a bit of wrestling with the Lord to get a timeline, but get none and only am reminded that He is in charge, which I now know better than anything else! I would like to be useful to my family and friends and for whomever else Heavenly Father would have me be useful.
Tomorrow is Berlin Marathon, which will be a sad thing to not be part of, but in such a sweet way, my dear wife has enlisted the help of the family to join in on having an ersatz Berlin marathon. I had thought I would run a half, but now doubt I could, but Scott and Liza and family have already done the 26 miles today in just their family. Casey ran 5 miles in Japan, too! I ran 5.5 miles this AM and will definitely do at least that much tomorrow, so we have it more than covered. It would have been my 13th Berlin with life number 2303, but alas, not in the Lord's plans! Perhaps in the future!! I relish the 5 hours of running and listening to conference. No other time in my life do I get to listen to that much inspiration at once. I have a strong memory/ vision in my head of listening to conference and running down a long hill into Bad Duerkheim, Germany in the sun with a rest song from the Mo Tab being sung, me leading the music (likely thought like a mad man by anyone who saw me) and feeling like I could easily leave the Earth and run right up into Heaven. Truly gives me shivers just to remember the feeling, which I have had many times during marathons.
Well, life is good! Will continue to add my observations as I/ we go along.
We continue to settle into our new lives on Tornillo Drive. We have a new couch and love seat and accenting chair with ottoman. We have ventured into the DVR world, but not far as we needed a new remote, which we got today. We are still looking for an ancient car for Anne to drive. Too bad we do not have a Erik aged car with heavy metal plates around to keep her safe in her fledgling driving days. That is what I am looking for, really for a good price.
We went to the temple today to do sealings. It was a wonderful experience, but one over which we did considerable crying. I did pre-crying while running this morning thinking about it--just so grateful for eternal marriage, when this life is so uncertain for me and my love, the eternal part is certain. That is a huge blessing. Of course, I am still on the track of thinking and planning on doing well to be around for a good amount of time still to be part of the family. Of course, I know I am not in charge, and I have been doing a bit of wrestling with the Lord to get a timeline, but get none and only am reminded that He is in charge, which I now know better than anything else! I would like to be useful to my family and friends and for whomever else Heavenly Father would have me be useful.
Tomorrow is Berlin Marathon, which will be a sad thing to not be part of, but in such a sweet way, my dear wife has enlisted the help of the family to join in on having an ersatz Berlin marathon. I had thought I would run a half, but now doubt I could, but Scott and Liza and family have already done the 26 miles today in just their family. Casey ran 5 miles in Japan, too! I ran 5.5 miles this AM and will definitely do at least that much tomorrow, so we have it more than covered. It would have been my 13th Berlin with life number 2303, but alas, not in the Lord's plans! Perhaps in the future!! I relish the 5 hours of running and listening to conference. No other time in my life do I get to listen to that much inspiration at once. I have a strong memory/ vision in my head of listening to conference and running down a long hill into Bad Duerkheim, Germany in the sun with a rest song from the Mo Tab being sung, me leading the music (likely thought like a mad man by anyone who saw me) and feeling like I could easily leave the Earth and run right up into Heaven. Truly gives me shivers just to remember the feeling, which I have had many times during marathons.
Well, life is good! Will continue to add my observations as I/ we go along.
2 comments:
Sorry you had to get a new remote. I think it was my fault for spilling my water on it. Oops.
Glad you got to go to the temple with Becky. Those are very tender moments and so priceless. I love that your family helped you run the marathon today. What would we do without our families to love and support us. I can relate to a lot of the feelings and struggles you are going through. It is certainly understandable. The not knowing the future is very difficult. I still struggle with that too. I know this is where our faith really gets tested isn't it. You are amazing and inspiring and such a great influence on so many people who love you. I'm saying prayers for you and Becky and all your family daily. Love you all.
I love your blog posts. In some ways through your posts I get to see a side of you that you don't show often. I love hearing your testimony. I am glad you are so close to the Temple and can do sealings whenever you want to. Those are the best. Thank you for calling me today while you were running. I feel so special when you call me. I love that. Hugs and prayers sent to you constantly.
Post a Comment